Cool down! I soaked my feet, got my shirt wet, dunked my head in the lake. A little later, as I closed up my bags, I realized my sunglasses were no longer on my head. I had only walked about 10 feet to the toilet, pushed them up on my head as I went inside into the dark. Gone. I went through the bags, scoured the ground, looked in the privy. Nowhere. All I could figure was they must have slipped off the back of my head and fallen in the toilet. Finally I rode off into the glare without them. First day out & already I've lost something. Sigh. So I talked to the Lord about this for a while.
Fast forward: hottest time of day is approaching. I'm dripping hot after a long hill climb, headache coming on from the sun. I stop at a gas station and stand in front of their swamp cooler and gulp down an iced tea. Ahhhh. After my core temperature has dropped back down, i walk outside, and just then a friend from Lakeside drives up.
I'm 35 miles down the road! What are you doing here? She said she just felt like she should come check on me and see if there was anything I needed. Now where did that feeling come from? And how amazing that she followed through. So I told her my tale of woe about my sunglasses. she took hers off her head and gave them to me, reached over, and put on a spare pair. Way to go Leah! I could have cried. Just in case I hadn't gotten the message the first time from delivery of the second breakfast, God sent another to provide for my needs once again. Amazing. God cares about the little things. what incredible encouragement one person can bring to another by taking time to listen and being willing to obey.


No comments:
Post a Comment