Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ride to Missoula

Got up early to try to beat the heat. It was already heating up at 7AM. Beautiful scenery

I dipped my head & dunked my shirt in just about in every stream and irrigation ditch I came by. 

It was awesome to go under an overpass for the animals to cross the highway safely. Win for the animals and win for the people by preventing accidents with animals crossing. I lost count of the number of dead animals, mostly deer, at the side of the road.  Im sure it was a lot of money spent by the tribes to build the animal bridge. I so appreciate their value for nature; tribal peoples have much to teach us about the natural world.  
was rewarded at the finish with a frozen pineapple bar at Adventure cycling office & a friend picked me up and took me to stay at a gorgeous house on the hill overlooking the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment