The town is built over the "Last chance gulch", named for its history with four prospectors who struck gold after they'd used up all their resources and decided to give up...but turned to give it one last chance...There was so much gold that at least one of the buildings of the old down town was completely paid for by the gold recovered in excavating the land for its foundation, said the guide of the tour I took. Have you ever been at the end of your rope with a project or situation, ready to give up, but turned to give it one last chance and found success? As my Guide says to me, keep on pedaling! (look back to June entry about The Bike Ride if you don't know what I'm referring to).
The best part of my stay in Helena was not the historical tour of downtown, however. I received amazing hospitality. Outside of town, up on a hill, I was received received with friendship, care, and fun. Far more than a roof, a bed, a warm shower.This stay included alpacas, baby goats, chickens, fresh raspberries, ribs, homemade ice cream.
The best part of my stay in Helena was not the historical tour of downtown, however. I received amazing hospitality. Outside of town, up on a hill, I was received received with friendship, care, and fun. Far more than a roof, a bed, a warm shower.This stay included alpacas, baby goats, chickens, fresh raspberries, ribs, homemade ice cream.
The next morning I had breakfast with Pastor Darren and his wife Susan in North Helena. After seven years living here, they are making progress in learning to reflect the love of the Creator to people in the community. This photo taken by the Pastor of a reflection in Glacier National Park is displayed on the wall of the church as a reminder of who they are.
They aim to put practical action to their faith with people around them: helping people who are homeless and Other practical things. They are praying for the finances to buy land and build a larger facility, as they have already outgrown their current space.








No comments:
Post a Comment