Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Company

I didn't tour the caverns alone. Craig & Jen, Josiah & his family came to camp with me for a few nights.  
It was fun to have company and take time to learn about some of the flora, fauna & local geology.  It really lifts my spirits to spend time with people who value nature, appreciate science and have a living faith in the Creator of it all. On a little hike we looked at the native plants that grow in this dry environment with the sage brush. It's amazing to see all the little adaptations different plants and animals have for the specific environments they live in. 
Some people are surprised to learn that modern western science is actually rooted historically in a worldview of faith in the God described in the Bible. God created heavens and earth in an orderly way, it says; kinds after their kinds, designed to be fruitful and multiply. This orderly design gave rise to the idea that people could observe and study the way things work to understand them, and people filled with faith in the God of ghe Bible set to work to do just that.  An opinion we find today, that science and faith don't mix, seems really odd given these historical beginnings. I guess I'm getting to the age where I am finally starting to see the importance of knowing history! 

No comments:

Post a Comment