Monday, July 15, 2013

Rest In Baker

Just about 10 miles out of Salmon I took a day off in a town called Baker.  Well, There was a sign...And a road leading to some houses.  That's it!  Not even a one-stop gas, grocery, Post Office building.  What an extraordinary place to rest for a day.  Last year I was scheduled to come through on my birthday, so had decided to splurge and stay at the wonderful Solaas B & B. 

 Eleven months  later, I finally got to experience the homey and peaceful atmosphere and gorgeous setting under huge old cottonwood trees.  I set up a mobile office and did a number of blog entries, logistics and communications that day.  It's hard to keep up on the road!
They also have a Beautiful garden and farm stand. I see more and more people planting little gardens in their yards, shopping at farmers markets, ordering "bounty baskets" with a surprise of veggies each week depending on what was harvested. Have you tried your hand at any of these?  The food is sure fresher & tastier!

No comments:

Post a Comment