Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Launch day!

What a glorious day! It started off with worship & prayer at YWAM Lakeside. Then I was given a precious gift: experiencing the power of being surrounded and supported by community. people lined both sides of the sidewalk as I was commissioned and sent to ride down the middle and up to the road. And so leg two of Ride4Restoration begins. 

A group of riders accompanied me on the first mile. As we rode at a relaxed carefree pace in the cool of the morning and chatted, I thought of all the others with us in spirit through their relationship, contributions and prayer.  Truly God has blessed me with an amazing team. I am not alone! 

We stopped for communion & prayer. People from YWAM, Mission Builders, 100 Fold Studios,  Spiritfire Ministries, S Baptist Missions and my local church were present. Quite a picture of the way God intends things to be: people partnering together to restore others to Himself, to each other and the rest of creation, being led and empowered by His love and His Spirit. It truly was a moment when the kingdom of God came near! 

Despite not having enough sleep the night before, savoring those moments made a 50 mile day through nearly record breaking heat seem easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment