There was only one occupied campsite when I arrived. Perhaps the others had been scared off by the bugs...A couple hours later a camper pulled in. Within minutes, the driver came over and asked if I needed water (the potable water supply was broken). I had water treatment tablets with me, so I had already gone to fetch water from the creek. I was so taken by his genuine concern and willingness to offer help. Thanks Jim & Jan! It has been SO amazing to experience such care and kindness from strangers on the road. I really do believe it is God is showing His care for me by putting such people in my path. Oops, no picture.
Meet Laura and Kevin from Portland. They rolled into camp later. They are great examples of good earth stewards, working to eradicate invasive plants; Kevin through organizing volunteer work, and Laura through research. I enjoyed talking! They're not only good stewards of natural resources, they're fun and good writers too. You can follow their bike trip at http://flycascadia.blogspot.com/


No comments:
Post a Comment