Wednesday, July 11, 2012

On the train

The sun is shining brightly as we zoom along the N side of the Columbia River on Amtrak. What we cover in a few hours will take me 5 or 6 days on the bike. As I watch the scenery zip by in air conditioned comfort updating this blog by phone I marvel @ the creative minds God gave to humanity to invent such technology.

I'm seeing a large wind farm across the river which has certainly changed the face of the land. Many changes have come through human activity since Lewis & Clark came through, not always for the better. The EARS (environment & resource stewardship) school taught me hope with our environmental issues. The God who created all this is ready & waiting for us to partner with Him to bring restoration through our creative minds, our hard work and His divine power. Though it was still earlier, The wind is whipping now! There's lots of power for us to harvest! I wonder what dreams Lewis & Clark had as they saw this landscape as it looked before wind farms & dams...

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you Nancy! May God give you strength and may His presence feel so real as you do this journy. Love, Kerry

    ReplyDelete