Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pay it forward

After the boat tour I was exhausted and hot (temps in the 90's again). I had 20 miles to ride to my target campground where I planned to meet up with my sister Terri, who was driving in from Washington.  After a 30 minute nap in the shade, I went into the concession for a cold pick-me-up to psych myself up for the climb out of the canyon and pedal along the highway between the capitol and Great Falls.  The woman behind the counter was so kind and concerned for my physical safety after she heard my plan,  she suggested plan B.  Mancy drove me to her house, Terri & I camped in her yard and I returned to do the ride in the morning when it was not so hot and there was much less traffic on the road. 
 Such generosity and openness! Nancy and Jill live with a "pay it forward" philosophy...doing kind acts for strangers that can be repaid to someone else in the future, causing a ripple effect for a better world.  Thank you so much for loving your neighbor by paying it forward!  Take the effort to follow their example and pay it forward to a stranger near you!  It can be a lot of fun on both sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment