Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lolo Hot Springs

Back in Montana! Beautiful downhill ride to Lolo Hot Springs and a day off to soak... Thank you to the generous friend who made that possible! I was so happy to rest; I even stayed inside & watched Chariots of Fire instead of exploring the granite boulder outcrops & almost missed the opportunity to climb to the high place.

The morning I rode out those rocks beckoned to me & after riding two miles down the road I couldn't let it go; so I turned around, rode back and had a fun time of prayer overlooking the valley.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful pix! I love Chariots of Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Nancy,
    just finished reading your thoughts & enjoying your beautiful photos. What you are experiencing touches my heart as the ohana has been remembering Po'o and how he was being restored to the Lord at the same time connecting deeply with his Hawaiian Heritage. So much of your voice has also been Po'ohala, his dad & his Big Island ohana's voice. I have been on Big Island for a week now with Po'ohala's fiancee' & her loving very Hawaiian ohana. The beauty is breathtaking, the wounds of past & present greed has taken it's toll yet there is hope in Christ and the carrying on of the Hawaiian culture. Alika has been sharing often about his conversations with Po'o about the ability to be a cultural Hawaiian and a follower of Christ, it is possible because we are all God's people. As you continue your ride for healing & restoration of the land, healing relationships between cultures & the truth of Christ's love for all I will continue to pray for the same in our beautiful Hawaiian Islands. I have been able to be still and hear God and enjoy His creative beauty here in Waimea and know that He is God. Saturday we traveled deep into Wapio Valley by 4 wheel drive and the river was our road to gather as an ohana and have an Awa ceremony to remember & honor Po'o. We were surrounded by incredible beauty & love. It was bittersweet as this is the place where he & Malia planned to be married next year. Po'o is missed and we still cry out for the truth but God will reveal that in time but for now one day at a time, prayer by prayer trusting God on our journey. Thank you for sharing your journey. Hug, prayers & tears, Janet :) sorry such a long winded reply, I miss you dear friend ..... take care

    ReplyDelete