Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nearing trails end

Hi from the trail. If you're reading this, my thanks for checking in after I stopped blogging regularly. I had to face reality that I just can't do it all!!!  Not enough energy and hours in the day to pedal, pray, be present to who I was with and get enough sleep to sustain the body for the long haul. 
I'm writing from this patio in old town St Charles Mo, a 50 mi ride to the end of the mapped trail at the confluence of the Missouri & Mississippi rivers . My friend Marilyn plans to meet me there. After a few days in St Louis I train back to MT. It will take about 40 hrs to travel what took me three months to pedal and Lewis & Clark's corps took about five to paddle, pole and pull their boats up river. Truly the railroads and today's forms of transportation are a miracle! 

As I return I will continue the blog as a reflection as I process all that God has done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment